Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gooey Butter Yumminess

I made a gooey butter cake last week and it turned out VERY well. So that was rather exciting. So this week I'm gonna make another one, but with a little change this time around. Instead of using yellow cake for the crust, I'm going to try using Devil's Food cake. It seems like it should work. Chocolate + gooey yumminess should = amazing! That's the hope anyhow. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I make it.

Yesterday was quite a monumental day for me. I've been waiting to get my mission papers officially submitted to SLC since about July or so. I started doing some of the health stuff back in May, almost a year ago. So it's about time that I finally get these in! I was really excited, obviously, because it's taken so long to get them in, and it's finally here! Now I just have to wait around for the call to come in the mail. I have no idea when that will be, but hopefully soon. I'm hoping in the next two weeks or so. That seems pretty reasonable to me. David thinks that I'm going to be going somewhere in the South. Perhaps that's just because that's where he is. I don't really have any guesses other than that I'll most likely be state side. But that's as specific as I'm going to guess.

And to add on to that excitement (although there was some rather frustrating things along with it) I got to go mini golfing! I love mini golf. It's pretty much the best thing to play outside. Well, maybe it ties for the best with Ultimate. Either way, it's super amazing and I love playing it. I did pretty decent on it, but that's aside the point. It was still crazy fun and would have been even if I didn't win. Oooh! I got a hole in one as well! That's always fun! And ironically enough, Katie got a hole in one on the lighthouse hole; a hole in which I shot a six. Weird how that works. Why can't we both do well on the same hole, especially a fun gimmicky hole like that? Oh well. It was still tons of fun! And I really enjoy only having one class today, it's very nice. All in all, Life Is Good. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment